Stomach sensitivity is quite common in dogs. Though it is not too difficult to tackle it, still you need to be well informed how to take care of your dog’s stomach. Treating your dog’s stomach sensitivity problem requires proper care and dedication to get fruitful results. You must follow very strict and well planned steps to reap the rewards.
Stomach sensitivity can lead to permanent sensitivity and it effects the quality of life in numerous different way. It can even lead to the development of permanent skin allergies. Prolonged stomach sensitivity can even make your pooch intolerant to some specific diet and ingredients. It can even develop a permanent gastric issue which is a bit hard to bear all the times. In short, the problems associated with the stomach sensitivities can seriously damage the health. So, you need to take proper care of your pet.
How To Take Care Of Your Dog’s Stomach
- Percentage of Fat in dog’s diet
- Quality of food
- Trash Consumption
- Type of dog treats
- Tips on How to Take Care of Your Dog’s Stomach
- Create a list of the allergies of your pooch
- Don’t let strangers offer treats to your dog
- Mix up your dog’s diet over the year
- Don’t feed one solid diet all year long
- Use limited ingredient diet (LID)
- Avoid dog foods with excessive amount of fillers
- Limit the percentage of grains in your dog’s food
- Avoid using soy and wheat in the dog’s diet
- Use only certified and high quality LID dog foods
- Avoid feeding chocolate, ice cream and dairy products (dogs are often lactose intolerant)
- Keep your dog away from trash cans
- Regularly examine the dog poop for mucus or blood
- Avoid changing your dog’s diet all of a sudden
- Always implement 75-25 rule while changing the dog’s diet
For more detailed information on the dog food and stomach sensitivity, please read our exclusive Top 10 Best Dog Food For Sensitive Stomach 2016. I hope you are now better equipped to how to take care of your dog stomach. Happy parenting!